Orcs Must Die graphics problem, random textures appearing in wrong places

The game runs perfectly except for one obvious problem where textures are appearing as they should not be. I can move the character and play the game, but the textures are often in front of the camera making it unplayable. Please offer any assistance possible.

I am running a Toshiba Satellite laptop, dual core.

I am literally having the exact same problem on nearly the exact same laptop (Toshiba Satellite, i3 core). The game seems to be running perfectly underneath the graphical glitches, which seem to be polygons that are restricting my view of the screen to about 0-10%.

Orcs Must Die Texture Failure...

The exact same thing is happening to me. The game runs perfectly on my PC but there is always something blocking my camera view.

Worryingly I cannot find anything anywhere about this happening...

Then it is not just me then.

I was scouring the internet for hours last night trying to find help, at least I know it is not just me now.... If anyone can help us it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm unsure if the following will have any affect on broken or misplaced textures, but it's worth trying if nothing else.

First - GPU drivers. More often than not, the gfx issues I have are down to drivers. Worth checking to see if these are up-to-date for your given GPU, as you'd be surprised how often they're the root cause of an issue.

Second - While in Steam > click on Library > right click on the game > Properties > Local Files (tab) > Verify Integrity of Game Cache... Doesn't always work properly first time, so run it up to 3 times to make sure.

Third - If that doesn't work, you can always try 'Delete Local Game Content', and then do a fresh install...

Fourth - Cry. It's a great little game.

Guessing you guys are here from Google since this is the first search result. I just recently picked this game up myself from the Steam Christmas sale but haven't had time to mess around with it. When I do I'll try it on a few systems and let you guys know what I find. But personally this feels like a driver issue, which on laptops is a pain in the @ss if vendors don't get around to updating them. I have an old Toshiba Satellite myself and driver support seemed lackluster. You can always try Quinn's second and third suggestion as it might fix it.

Searching around the Robot Entertainment support forums I found this thread which may be relevant to the issues you guys are having.[Link: http://www.robotentertainment.com/f...-Impossible-play-Impossible-find-solution-web]. It seems dx9 may have messed up and reinstalling the necessary files could resolve the texture popups. If all else fails, post in the forums I linked.

Back