TechSpot

Origin Chronos Z review: A mean, compact gaming PC

By Jos
Nov 5, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. The Origin PC Chronos Z is the meanest small form factor gaming PC I've yet to encounter. Origin PC ships its gaming systems in wooden crates. The Chronos Z came in the smallest crate to date, yet the Titan Z-powered beast...

Read more

2. RustyTech

RustyTech TS Guru Posts: 865   +434

But wait, there's more! It come with Origin built right into the hardware, so that I'll be available even if you get a new harddrive/reinstall windows!! /s
    Relax everyone..just having some fun with the name :p

SantistaUSA and Arris like this.
  3. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,180   +73

The Silverstone Raven RZ01 does look good. The PC itself is way over what I need. It's cool in an overkill kind of way.

4. Capaill

Capaill TS Addict Posts: 292   +93

Good review. Nice sense of humour.
    Seems an impressive piece of kit though I'm more interested in some of the parts.
    I didn't realise Silverstone had variations of their Raven, I must find some reviews on this case.
    Also, interesting graphics card! And I assume a card with 2x6GB is still a 6GB card, not a 12GB card.

I'm curious if there is any benefit to a 2560x1080 monitor? Seems like a waste. A 2560x1440 or x1600 would be much more useful for the extra vertical space. I look forward to the TS review of that monitor.

5. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,653   +523

Too bad no pics of the internals installed, be nice to see just how crammed everything is in that chassis.

I realize your just joking around, but next time reread what you wrote, it makes absolutely no sense, to the point where I missed your joke all together the first time.

6. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,333   +267

With Gigabyte's SFF GTX 970, makes me want to revisit the RZ01 or the ML07, and this boutique build just jumpstarted my memory regarding it...

7. RustyTech

RustyTech TS Guru Posts: 865   +434

comes* & it'll*

8. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,324   +136

Alright... lets see the insides. I have this case, and really love it. Fitting stuff into it on the other hand was more of a pain than most PCs I've assembled. I really want to see where they fit the liquid cooler for the cpu.

I actually put a blu-ray in mine though.

9. The problem with these horizontal pc's, also digital storm's bolt 2, is they didn't think about heat/ventilation for the gpu. The intake for the gpu is on the side, okay that works fine if placed vertically, but when placed horizontally the vent is BLOCKED. Half an inch of clearance is almost the same as covering it with your hand, therefore these aren't HTPC's like they market it as. No one wants to place a tower vertically next to their tv stand.