Origin outs Eon17 gaming laptop with SLIed GTX 480M chips

By Matthew
Sep 27, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Origin has launched a new 17.3-inch desktop replacement notebook that should make quick work of today's finest games. Pricing on the Eon17 kicks off at $2,499, which gets you a 1080p LED-backlit display, a 2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7-930, a 1.5GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 460M, 6GB of RAM, a 250GB HDD, a DVD drive, along with the typical scope of connectivity and Windows 7.

Read the whole story
  2. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,677

I know some people will buy these but again it goes back to more money than sense. I don't care if your an avid gamer who is never at home, it isn't a justifiable investment to buy a $12,000 laptop.
  3. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,550   +594

This is really just beyond absurd. And (again) you could build a desktop that would smoke this like a cheap cigar for $800.

I just don't get it. Is the portability really worth that much? Who buys these things??
  4. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,101   +95

It has nothing to do with gaming or price at all. It's about who has the smallest ween, and would need a beastly mega-laptop like this to compensate for it.
  5. and some people have tiny weens, so small they create a black hole.
  6. dikbozo

dikbozo TS Enthusiast Posts: 82

Somehow I can't imagine this thing running any game for more than an hour on battery.
  7. Hec, you'd probably have something like this: 1) you unplug laptop 2) laptop informs you you have 30 seconds of battery remaining 3) you plug laptop back in :(