Origin unveils EON15 gaming notebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Origin has introduced a more compact version of its mammoth 18.4-inch EON18 desktop replacement notebook, and few if any meaningful specs have been compromised. The EON15 has a 15.6-inch 1080p LED display and a wide degree of configuration options, all the way down to the chassis' finish.

The base machine kicks off at $1,899 with a Core i7-720QM, an Nvidia GeForce GTX 280M, 2GB of DDR3 1333MHz RAM, a 250GB 7200RPM HDD, a DVD burner, and Windows 7 Home Premium x64. Maxed out, you're looking at $3,889 for an i7-820QM, a GeForce GTX 285M, 8GB of RAM, a 250GB OCZ Vertex, a Blu-ray burner, and a 64-bit copy of Windows 7 Ultimate.

All setups offer HD 7.1 digital surround sound audio via S/PDIF, 802.11a/b/g/n, RJ11/RJ45 jacks, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, four USB 2.0 ports, eSATA, Firewire, ExpressCard 54, a seven-in-one card reader, HDMI, DVI-I, as well as a one-year warranty with part replacements and free shipping. Systems ordered today have an estimated ship date of April 5.

Permalink to story.

$3,889?? For that kind of money I can build a state-of-the-art desktop AND buy a high end laptop. That's ridiculous.

@Matthew

Yeah, but that means absolutely nothing when it comes to play the same games!

I think the exclamation mark has stopped being used for emphasis and began it's sarcasm legacy

Should of used the SarcMark Matthew ;) .

But ya that laptop looks pro and way outta my price range.

NVIDIA DX10 cards? That's so last year. A Mobility Radeon 5870 would be faster and have DX11. Why would someone pay top dollar for yesteryear's tech?

At 18 inches it was a desktop replacement. Game machine at 15 inches is not so much of a WOW factor. Why change to less screen at this price?

bigclick said:
At 18 inches it was a desktop replacement. Game machine at 15 inches is not so much of a WOW factor. Why change to less screen at this price?

I know - who needs a GTX280m on a 15 in screen? Maybe 18in?

hello...

anyone would gift me that one, i'm sure will be forever grateful, LOL!

nice 'dream' machine, i've seen better, but this is not bad at all..

cheers!

compdata said:
I know - who needs a GTX280m on a 15 in screen? Maybe 18in?
Why would the physical screen size matter? Both 15" and 18" have the exact same resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back