TechSpot

Original iPhone to become 'obsolete' in Apple's eyes soon

By Dave LeClair
Apr 30, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. It looks like Apple is going to start calling the original iPhone "vintage," according to an internal document leaked by 9to5Mac. This title is more than just a name, as it has some ramifications for device owners. The phone, which...

Read more

2. OneSpeed

OneSpeed TS Rookie Posts: 123   +30

The industry has been calling this EOL - End-of-Life, and even legacy. So Apple comes up with Vintage (patent pending), and this is news. What is next? Really??

3. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,003   +1,503

You need a different hobby!! Just because it is not news to you, doesn't mean everyone knows the story. Get a life and stop cracking whips of which you have no right to hold.

4. CrisisDog

CrisisDog TS Rookie Posts: 49

In other news, my six year old Core 2 system running on an x48 chipset works perfectly fine with Windows 8 x64. Can't say the same of my PowerMac G5, which won't run the latest copy of OS X. Thanks Apple!

5. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,469   +622

My understanding is that he's berating Apple, not TS for running the article. I agree with him too...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.