OS/Bios/startup problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, thanks for your time.

I have a slight problem with my PC on starting up. It's an annoyance rather than a severe problem.

System Specs:

ASUS P4S800D motherboard
3.00ghz Pentium 4 Processor (HT)
1024mb RAM (recently upgraded)

I doubled my RAM for two reasons, gaming(!) and to boost the overall speed fo my computer. However, when stating up, shortly after you see all of the BIOS doing its work i get another screen, which says:
"Press esc to continue loading", or something like that, and then comes up with the following message:

Primary Master:SATA device not found
Secondary Master: SATA device not found

So, i have always just pressed esc to skip the process. Its not much of a problem but it makes my PC take about 3 minutes to startup which is an annoyance.

Has anyone encountered this before? Does anyone have a clue what i can do to get my PC to startup at the speed it should do considering my specs?

Cheers guys.

Corki said:
Hello, thanks for your time.

I have a slight problem with my PC on starting up. It's an annoyance rather than a severe problem.

System Specs:

ASUS P4S800D motherboard
3.00ghz Pentium 4 Processor (HT)
1024mb RAM (recently upgraded)

I doubled my RAM for two reasons, gaming(!) and to boost the overall speed fo my computer. However, when stating up, shortly after you see all of the BIOS doing its work i get another screen, which says:
"Press esc to continue loading", or something like that, and then comes up with the following message:

Primary Master:SATA device not found
Secondary Master: SATA device not found

So, i have always just pressed esc to skip the process. Its not much of a problem but it makes my PC take about 3 minutes to startup which is an annoyance.

Has anyone encountered this before? Does anyone have a clue what i can do to get my PC to startup at the speed it should do considering my specs?

Cheers guys.

If your not using SATA drives , go in to the BIOS and disable the section which specifies it.

It may be the boot order where it will say
First boot device SATA 1
Second Boot device SATA2
third Boot device IDE0

You need to move the boot order so that IDE0 or IDE1 is first, that way the POST will just boot from the drive that has windows on it,

Most people see

Floppy drive boot record not found
Trying CD rom
CD rom boot record not found.

This is because there boot order is set to Floppy > CD > then Hard drive.

Hope this helps

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back