OS crash when starting up

By razzvanbot
Apr 25, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have an AMD Athlon 64 3200+ processor ECS nforce3-A939 motherboard 1256 MB DDR GeForce 7700 GT video card Realtek Ethernet Network adapter an Maxtor 250 GB HDD and an LG DVD-RW. Sometimes when i'm starting up my PC the OS crashes .Later today i have done a cleaning of my hardware of dust dessasembled and assembled again.I had trouble with this in the past, sometimes when i install the OS when it finish of loading the needed driver to install, it does an HDD checking and it crashes sometimes.What must i do???.....some say that i have a small trouble with the power source......:mad:
  2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

Confirm all your Drivers are up to date

You may need to run ChkDsk

Ideally a HardDrive Diagnostic Test would confirm if the HardDrive is faulty or not.

On top of that is Memtest on your Ram (for 7 Passes).

But it would be ideal if you have any MiniDumps to attach [​IMG] to a new reply.

Sometimes it can be heat related. Ideally Clean all internals.
    I'd go as far as remounting the CPU with new Paste.

That'll help to begin with anyway
  3. razzvanbot

razzvanbot Topic Starter

Sometimes when powering on the 2.1 audio sistem or the monitor my PC is starting up .....why?
  4. FoReWoRd

FoReWoRd Newcomer, in training Posts: 238

dunno sounds like some kind off interference with the electricity ive seen it happen before... try and set un ure machine somewhere else in the house ....gd luck
  5. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

Check in CMOS for "Wake Up" events, and turn them all to off, or disable
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.