OS vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimh33

hi i am building a new pc from scratch and am considering buying vista premium oem my questons are is 64 bit better than the 32 and has anybody had any problems to share on do's and don'ts of the install .thanks

what are the specs of your build? If you are planning on having 4 or more gigs of ram, you might want vista 64, because vista 32 will only support about 3 gigs of ram.

Yes 64Bit is better than 32Bit

Not only that, but 32Bit is on its way out (just like 16Bit before it, way before it)

Even though the 5 pc's in my house run vista-32, even my gaming rig, 64-bit is the way to go for future-proofing.
However, one of my I.T suppliers says that they often have people coming in with problems regarding their vista 64, due to drivers etc. That however, may just be user incompetence.
64-bit will wallop 32-bit in tasks like 3d rendering, audio compression etc, stuffl like that.
And as Technochicken said, 32-bit can only utilise just over 3gb max. of ram.
The price for 32 or 64 is the same, so i'd be tempted to go 64 for the future win! :)

pc specs

my pc to be cosmos case 650watt antec true power evga122-ck-nf67T1 mb 2gb corsair dominator using old bfg 8600gt oc sony dvd burner lite on dvd drive an probably wd 640gb times 2 noctua nh-up12 heatsink with q6600 processor.

I use 64 bit and have never had a problem with it. Not once. I have installed multiple video cards, a sound card, and oogles of software. Games, Compliers, Miltimedia, Utilites, and not a single problem. Your rig looks fairly strong, and while you are running 2gb you do not need 64 bit, it is the same price IIRC, so why not?

thank you the reason i was considering 64bit was right now i purchased the 2 gb but if i wanted more in the future i wasn't limited like i would be in the 32. thanks again might need some help once it' built .appreciate the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back