OS won't boot after Nvidia video card install

Hello! I recently bought an Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 ti, decided it was time to upgrade from my Radeon 55 HD series.

However this is were the problem began, I had win7 installed to one HHD, booted up everytime with no problems with the Radeon. After installing the Nvidia though, every boot up it would check NVram then say something along the lines of, "cannot find boot manager". Tried repairing the boot directory, everything, so after a while I just decided to reformat. Did a safe reformat and had nothing important installed anyways. Re-installed, upon boot up everything worked, logged in, and was actually on my desktop. However I felt uneasy, so I shutdown and re booted. Cannot find boot manager is what I saw. At this point I am not sure what is going on. One thing that might be important to know, is that I have 2 HDDs, one has a SATA connection the other has the Master/Slave cable.

AMD Athlon II X3 (processor)
Asus motherboard (Can't remember the make, I know is its one of the M series)
2 4gb DDR3
550w 12v+ power supply

Thank you for any help in advance!

But when you went back to the old card, it worked ok?
Have you tried testing the questionable video card in another unit?

If it is having problems finding the boot manager I would look at issues with your hard drive.. It could be just bad timing that you get a new VC and then suddenly your HD starts failing..

I would test the hard drive for failures, this error can also pop up if you have a device that gets picked up as removable storage (External HD, a USB Stick, a phone sometimes, card readers) if they get removed during boot up or shutdown sometimes it will cause issues.

Back