Other people logged on to my computer???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie06

Whenever I shut down my pc, a message appears on screen saying other people are logged onto my computer, shutting down may cause them to lose data, do i want to continue shutting down anyway? I've been getting this for a while. My mum has recently changed her pc and has xp for the first time, and she has started to get the same? Is someone up to something thay shouldnt be with my pc? Has anyone else experienced this? It makes me uneasy??

If more than one user is logged on to your computer at once, when you shut down it is telling you that the other users are logged on as well, even if they are not in use.

This will happen if someone else was using the computer on another user and clicked "Switch User" instead of "Logoff" when they were finished using the computer, and then someone else logged on to a different user.

You do not have a problem, but if you don't want it to happen anymore I suggest you click "Logoff" instead of "Switch User" whenever you wish to switch users or stop using a certain user. I hope that helps.

if you are the only user logged on and you get this message
you may be using wireless and you have uninvited guests using your connection

Charlie06 said:
Whenever I shut down my pc, a message appears on screen saying other people are logged onto my computer, shutting down may cause them to lose data, do i want to continue shutting down anyway? I've been getting this for a while. My mum has recently changed her pc and has xp for the first time, and she has started to get the same? Is someone up to something thay shouldnt be with my pc? Has anyone else experienced this? It makes me uneasy??

open task manager and click on the users. If see anyone other then yourself or anyone you know disconnect them.

You need to configure your firewall and and router to block out those drive by wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back