Outlook 2007 (Vista) email page layout

By compused
Feb 18, 2009
  1. When composing an e-mail in Outlook 2007 (Vista), the typing never wraps round to the next line; it types as one continuous line from left to right. What do you do to change this back to multi-line?

Thanks for you help.

2. peacefulchaos

peacefulchaos TS Rookie Posts: 44

Which format are you using to compose the message? (HTML, Rich Text, or Plain Text?)
  3. compused

compused TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 124

Outlook 2007 (Vista) page layout

I am not sure what format is being used because I am asking on behalf of my mother, who is in her 80's and living in Cyprus. If you tell me where to check, I will relay this to my Dad and he will get back to me please.

With Vista, should it be HMTL, the same as XP?

4. peacefulchaos

peacefulchaos TS Rookie Posts: 44

You can check in Outlook under Tools > Options > Mail Format (tab). The top of that tab should have a dropdown box that should normally say HTML. There is an option [Internet Format] below there and there is an setting that says automatically wrap text at ___ characters. Mine is set to 76 there. I'm not sure how much this option matters, but I'd check there too.

Edit: Something your mother using periods to end sentences? Just a thought. :p
  5. compused

compused TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 124

Hi peacefulchaos

Thanks for getting back to me.

My mother was a typist in her youth so I would say that she does use periods (fullstops) to end her sentences. It more likely to be the number of characters before a line wraps round that has been set wrong.

Dad says she keeps on nodding off in the middle of typing an email and it may be a problem of the laptop over heating as well.

I will relay your message to my Dad and see if that fixes the problem.

Thank you very much.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.