Outlook backups & archives content

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlbertLionheart

Can anyone tell me about Outlook backups and archives?
If I export to a .pst file does this include all the emails, calendar, profiles, address book or do I have to follow a different procedure to capture them all?
Does anyone have any experience with this and know of a reliable way to back up everything so that it will go back again safely?

I think you only have the emails without any settings, adress book, etc...

I personaly use Genie Outlook Backup 6.0 - perfect for the job. :)

It crashed badly on Saturday and I have spent the weekend reinstalling everything -
@TechnoFeather - I use Genie as well and was seriously hacked off to find that it had failed to include the OE address book in the backup set, and it had included the email account profiles but lost all the passwords because of the user account not being exactly the same.
It is just as well that I have separate copies of these as otherwise I would have lost everything. Just a waste of time doing everything manually!
@ Kimsland - I do this anyway - as I have said, it was a pain to find out that the auto backup missed stuff.

Yes (I saved that page for reference) but that says Outlook not Outlook Express.
Not sure if it will work on OE as I have both, if someone could test Scanpst.exe (whilst not having Outlook installed) that would help.

kimsland - as this is AlbertLionhearts' post and he initially said 'Outlook' and later said OE, and since MANY people using Outlook will thus look at this post, I decided to provide info re Outlook pst files.

If that doesn't meet with your high standards, well ............

Thanks CCT - the reference in my post was not so much to do with Outlook (or OE) but the Genie backup. The original purpose of the post was a but woolly I'll grant!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back