TechSpot

Outlook.com gains 60 million users in six months, exits preview

By Shawn Knight
Feb 19, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Last July Microsoft released a preview of Outlook.com, the company’s new web-based e-mail service designed to compete directly with Gmail. In the six months that have followed, 60 million people have signed up for Outlook.com according to a new post...

Read more

2. roxxas2

roxxas2 TS Rookie Posts: 64   +20

I'm not surprised. Microsoft got this service right. I use it almost everyday.

3. treeski

treeski TS Guru Posts: 880   +130

Just waiting on the darned calendar...

4. Lionvibez

Lionvibez TS Enthusiast Posts: 594   +89

I have a question about this.

"Furthermore, all Hotmail e-mail users and those under different domains like MSN.com will be automatically converted to Outlook.com in the coming months. More than 250 million users will be moved to the new service by the end of the summer, we are told."

So if I used my hotmail account to sign up for a couple forums what happends if they have to verify the account and try to send an email to it now that the account will be outlook.com????

5. m4a4

m4a4 TS Addict Posts: 536   +149

Hmmm... JUST upgraded (went to Outlook.com) and I like it so far......

6. treeski

treeski TS Guru Posts: 880   +130

I'd be surprised if they actually change the @domain. If they do, I'm sure they will set up some kind of forwarding system.

7. spectrenad

spectrenad TS Rookie Posts: 81   +16

I'm moved to Outlook.com few months ago and I was able to keep my hotmail address.

8. Teko03

Teko03 TS Enthusiast Posts: 124   +27

Upgrading to "Outlook" gives you the new interface and features, you'll continue to use your hotmail.com or @live.com e-mail address. New users receive an outlook.com e-mail.

9. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,018   +912

I really like this email client. I have had a hotmail for 10 years or so, this is a great refreshing update. I still prefer Gmail since it doesn't get junk mail as often as my Hotmail does. I wonder if our emails are now: outlook.com. Hmm.

10. Lionvibez

Lionvibez TS Enthusiast Posts: 594   +89

Thanks for the follow up guys.

11. avoidz

avoidz TS Maniac Posts: 454   +54

It's got that same blank white look that seems popular now (not with me). It also runs like crap on single core processors, in my experience. Not much of an upgrade for those users.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.