Outlook Express 6

By disptchr
Jun 10, 2006
  1. is my internet provider, recently my computer crashed and when I reloaded everthing I have a problem with outlook express. Tried reinstalling OutlookExpress 6 but still have same problem.
    Am running Win XP PRO

I can send email to but to know one else. When ever I send an email I receive the following: (edited out email address)

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 's&^'. Subject 'test', Account: '', Server: '', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 relaying mail to is not allowed', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

I checked with cox and they had me do a couple of tests and stated it was a software problem not theres.

Any help greatly appreciated
  2. Peddant

Peddant TS Rookie Posts: 1,446

Four googles -

1.Check and double check your OE configuration -

POP 3 Server:
    SMTP Server:
    News Server:

2.Go into Tools --> Accounts --> Select which account you need to change and click Properties.
    Then, under the Servers Tab, check the box for 'My server requires authentication'

3.Log on using Secure Password Authentication: NOT CHECKED
    My server requires authentication: NOT CHECKED

4.Make sure the from address is

You may notice that 2 and 3 are slightly contradictory.

More HERE and HERE and HERE and HERE
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.