Outlook Express Message Box Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the last few weeks, I have been plagued with a message box that pops up whenever I access Outlook Express.
I have no other mail program, and only 1 aacount, so I don't know where this has come from.
Can anyone help me get rid of this annoyance?
(Enclosed is a jpeg of this box.)
box.jpg

The first thing I'd do is make sure you've updated your favorite virus scanner with fresh .dat files and scan your entire drive. If you've not set up an account, something (someone) has or is hijacking your computer. Are you the only one with access to this computer?

BTW, welcome to TechSpot with your first post here. Hopefully we can get your issue fixed and you can stick around awhile.

Oh boy!
Both Norton and Ad-Aware ARE up to date.
I don't understand why this would happen in the first place.
The only thing I know is that this all happened when I deleted Earthlink 5.0; it was taking over my computer and wanting to be my default mail program. I think that's the direction I should be looking in.

I also have Earthlink. When I installed Total Access, it asked if I wanted Earthlink email as my default. I said no and have never had a problem. Have you gone into Internet Options and set your default email to the one you want? You might want to try that.

Good Luck.

Yes it sounds like there is still an issue with Earthlink not uninstalling completely or something of those sorts. Maybe try installing it again and choosing for it not to be default mail client. This might rewrite some registry settings and things will be resolved, then you can probably uninstall Earthlink again.

Yes, that last bit seemed t do the trick; although I could not get Earthlink to install itself properly, it was just enough to get the setting back to normal.
Thanks guys!

It wasn't quite the most normal solution, but I'm glad it got it to work. I hope to see you stick around in the future. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back