Outlook Express

gulabg

I am having problem deleting messages from inbox. More than 4000 messages have accumulated. Please help me solve the problem.

Best regards,
Gulab Gidwani

You may have an issue with the IMAP/POP settings. Not sure though. If you go to the actual site (Gmail, outlook, etc), are the messages deleted?

Generally if messages are not deleting from database(in this case the Inbox) it could mean that it has become corrupt, this can happen from being too large, or having a corrupt file inside, or just over time it can become corrupt.
The way to resolve this would be to go to the originating file location and deleting the file (or rename it so it is no longer the inbox.

Deleting the file will clear out the inbox entirely, I suggest Right Clicking and exporting or saving the messages to a folder (on the desktop for easy access) of all the messages you want to keep.

Make sure to close outlook express.

The file can be located in (assuming you're profile is saved on C:):
C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\<string of letters and numbers\Microsoft\Outlook Express\ Now you can either Delete or Rename this file, I recommend just renaming it as if this does not resolve the issue or something happens and you need to recover a file then you can go back to it. Just add (old) to the end of the name or something to that affect. Re-open Outlook Express and it should create a new Inbox database.

Back