TechSpot

Outlook taking control of active window

By poertner_1274
Mar 18, 2002
  1. I am using Office XP and for some reason Outlook just started to take control of my active window. In other words when I have Outlook open, and I am typing on AOL, or something else, Outlook just takes control and acts like it is the active window. So whatever I am typing gets cut off as it goes to Outlook. This is very annoying, as I can only get a few sentences, or letters sometimes in, if I am lucky! I have to shut down Outlook when I am not checking my email, and that is annoying. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. As I said this just started happening and I have been using it for a long time. Thanks.

Oh yeah I am running WinXP if it matters:)

2. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Topic Starter Posts: 4,745

Alright I figured out what the problem was. I happened to install some stupid voice recognition software. I haven't been using it for over a month and forgot all about it. Well long story short, I deleted it today, and wallaaah(sp??). Everything works ok now :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.