TechSpot

Overclocking a Q6700

By Medic-5150
Sep 11, 2008
  1. Hi,

I've overclocked in the past, nothing serious. I know the basics. However, my BIOS does not have an option to raise the clock speed. Is there any third party program I can use to overclock my processor, or would a simple BIOS update fix that? I have an Intel DQ35JO motherboard. It has the original BIOS I'm not sure on the version, but I know there are more recent versions.

Thanks for any help

2. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 2,278

There could be a BIOS with more flexible settings but you could also try finding a custom/modded build that will give you more freedom. I would give flashing a new retail BIOS a try first and see if that gives you some added options. For the most part, if the BIOS on a particular board doesn't offer some more "Advanced" settings, the chances are the board won't overclock well... but if done correctly it's worth a try. Also, you could download a program like SpeedFan to adjust the clock speeds but I don't recommend doing it through software... it's usually less stable.

3. Medic-5150

Medic-5150 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 56

Ok, Thank you

4. Medic-5150

Does anyone know of a custom BIOS for a DQ35JO motherboard? Or at least where I may be able to find one? I flashed the BIOS and got nothing by the means of overclocking abilities. It did fix a few other issues, but not this one.

Thank you

5. mootz

mootz TS Rookie Posts: 32

look in your motherboards manual for how to open advanced settings
    for example: on my motherboard i have to press ctrl+f1 to be able to change RAM timings

6. Medic-5150

Hi, I looked through the manual and didn't see anything. I can adjust ram timings, frequency, and voltage though....

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.