Overclocking Broken Something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smellypenguin

Hey guys,

So as i should be purchasing a new PC soon i thought id overclock my current.
Went into BIOS and changed the speed a few times testing if it was stable, in the end I couldn't get much out of it anyway so i reverted back to my original setting by removing the battery.

Now when i play games such as Garry's Mod and team fortress the gameplay has changed. The game freezes for a around 5-30 seconds at random times frequently and sometimes i will lose connection to the server.

Gameplay used to be perfect and i didnt have a problem with my internet so presumably the overclock has done something? If so what could it have done?

Any input appreciated :)

it sounds more like an internet connection problem. Do you have a router and/or modem? If so try turning them off and unplugging and then restart each one at a time, first modem, then router and finally plugging it into your computer and starting it up.

Everything was working fine before the overclock, and i havent formatted or installed new hardware or drivers.

Is it still possible i have damaged the ethernet card even if my connection on speedtest is normal?

--Edit--

Happy New Year :)

Maybe something is not right when you restored the orignal speed.

Download and run Prime95 HERE

Prime95 will put your CPU uner stress and give you results back. This way you can at least see if your CPU is stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back