Overclocking error... please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. I bought a new WD 1T external HD. (My Book) Because I understand that 4 gig is the largest file size you can transfer on it I re-formatted it to NTFS. Now, when I boot up my computer, it gets stuck on the motherboard logo (asus). When I unplug the harddrive then reboot, it gets stuck on American Megatrends overclocking error. Only on the third boot (still HD unplugged) will it properly boot. Once booted I can plug in the HD and it works fine. What is going on here?

Thanks- Video-nerd

Sounds like your motherboard BIOS may have a conflict with the USB drive. I'd keep the drive unpluged until the computer boots and Windows takes control of the situation. Most video files (I assume video) are broken down into 1 GB chunks or less to avoid compatability issues. Why do you need 4GB files?

You're probably not getting an overclocking error. That message sometimes appears on both of my ASUS motherboards even when I'm not overclocking when the BIOS has problems starting my computers.

Try getting into the bios and disable removable boot device. might be called something different in your bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back