TechSpot

overclocking intel core duo e6600 series

By Killahoe
Oct 23, 2006
  1. Hey i read the post you had on the e6700 series chipset and i was wondering if i were to follow the same overclocking instructions that you had for that chip if it would work correctly for me?? here is the link to the article.
    http://www.techspot.com/article/13-intel-core2duo-e6300-e6700-overclocking/

I am fairly new to overclocking, have done tons of research, and gotten different answeres and misconceptions on OCing. A question that i have never really gotten a clear answer on is,Does overclocking reduce the longevity of the processor tremendeously?

And is there a smiliar guide to the link above specific for my processor

2. F1N3ST

F1N3ST TS Rookie Posts: 1,088

Do you have a stock cooler?

3. CrossFire851

CrossFire851 TS Rookie Posts: 1,058

First off it reduces the CPU life depending on your coller, but I think in 10-15 years the cpu will be obsolete?

What motherboard do you have?
    Is your computer a custom build, or is it an OEM like Dell, GateWay, HP, etc?
    What ram do you have?
    What PSU do you have?

4. Killahoe

Killahoe TS Rookie Topic Starter

i have an asus p5b deluxe /w wifi motherboard.
    My computer is a custom build.
    I have 2, 1gig sticks of gskill ram.
    and i have a intel core 2 duo 6600series

5. Killahoe

Killahoe TS Rookie Topic Starter

6. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,520   +9

What's the point of overclocking this cpu? I could see a less powerful one, but that will handle pretty much anything you throw at it.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.