Overclocking my dell dimension 2400

Status
Not open for further replies.

treetops

Im going to start over clocking my machine (first time). I was wondering if anyone else has overclocked a dell dimension 2400 and what types of results they have had. Im going to up it 10 at a time like the faq guide suggests. Then when I get brave ill read up more on the voltage, and attempt to slightly adjust it. Also about ram over clocking, will it help my machine since I already have 2gigs of ram in this old clunker? I noticed while in bios theres agp apperture, I read up and understand what it is. However I dont have a apg slot, I use pci. Would changing this setting even affect my video car?

Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2
System Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corporation
System Model: Dimension 2400
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A05
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.53GHz
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Page File: 653MB used, 2395MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode
E-geforce 6200 graphics card (pci)

Ok I found out, supposedly you cant OC my computer. But everything iv read was from like 2004. Is there some kind of program i can use to attempt to oc? Also I'm considering oc my video card. Would my cpu even be able to handle a overclocked video card?

I owned a Dell Dimension 3000 which would be the basic thing you've got only a year older (I believe). There are no programs out there that will overclock a machine with no overclocking features. It's a good question, but no can do. When (if) you ever decide to build a computer get an ASUS or some board that has the O'Cing features that you need. G' Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back