TechSpot

Overclocking my dell dimension 2400

By treetops
Nov 17, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Im going to start over clocking my machine (first time). I was wondering if anyone else has overclocked a dell dimension 2400 and what types of results they have had. Im going to up it 10 at a time like the faq guide suggests. Then when I get brave ill read up more on the voltage, and attempt to slightly adjust it. Also about ram over clocking, will it help my machine since I already have 2gigs of ram in this old clunker? I noticed while in bios theres agp apperture, I read up and understand what it is. However I dont have a apg slot, I use pci. Would changing this setting even affect my video car?

Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2
    System Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corporation
    System Model: Dimension 2400
    BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A05
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.53GHz
    Memory: 2046MB RAM
    Page File: 653MB used, 2395MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode
    E-geforce 6200 graphics card (pci)

Ok I found out, supposedly you cant OC my computer. But everything iv read was from like 2004. Is there some kind of program i can use to attempt to oc? Also I'm considering oc my video card. Would my cpu even be able to handle a overclocked video card?
  2. pdyckman@comcas

pdyckman@comcas TS Rookie Posts: 718

I owned a Dell Dimension 3000 which would be the basic thing you've got only a year older (I believe). There are no programs out there that will overclock a machine with no overclocking features. It's a good question, but no can do. When (if) you ever decide to build a computer get an ASUS or some board that has the O'Cing features that you need. G' Luck.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.