Overclocking older PII's (humor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great find dude. Too bad it only applies to older processors. But hey, I've still got a Celeron!

BTW, anyone figured how to "Press AltGr+F5 to disable heat production"? What's AltGr?

Originally posted by lokem
Great find dude. Too bad it only applies to older processors. But hey, I've still got a Celeron!

BTW, anyone figured how to "Press AltGr+F5 to disable heat production"? What's AltGr?

Nice joke isn't it. Fails when you see that the text on the smaller graphic has wrapped differently when he has resized it :haha:

AltGr is the right hand Alt key. Generally has a slightly different function from the left hand key, used to get alternative characters such as áéúóí ;)

Originally posted by Arris

Nice joke isn't it. Fails when you see that the text on the smaller graphic has wrapped differently when he has resized it :haha:

AltGr is the right hand Alt key. Generally has a slightly different function from the left hand key, used to get alternative characters such as áéúóí ;)

Heh ;) Nice stuff. Didn't notice the difference in the text.. DOH! :)

Don't be so hard on those Pentiums... They were after all quite powerful when they came out and "ruled" for quite some time :D

i will admit i still have an old P 133 in use (it and a 486 heat various rooms in the house) but i will stick with my new AMD T-Bird

I remember when i got my Old Abit Be6 mobo and my celeron 466 CPU. I overclocked the CPU by accident and thought it was a 700mhz CPU... All i did was set the FSB to 100mhz instead of 66.
The CPU ended up dieing 6 months later... :(

Anyway that was my first overclocking experience. and now everything in my PC is overclocked. I have a Celeron 1.1@1.36.
and am buying a p4 2.0.

I saw the word "hammer" and stopped reading.

The only reasons people buy Celerons is to see how far up you can overclock them, right? :rolleyes:

Truth is, there isn't much difference between a 500 MHz Celeron and a 1 GHz Celeron, almost nothing in the chip, it's all the system board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back