TechSpot

overclocking older PII's (humor)

By Butterball
Mar 13, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lokem

lokem Newcomer, in training Posts: 773

Great find dude. Too bad it only applies to older processors. But hey, I've still got a Celeron!

BTW, anyone figured how to "Press AltGr+F5 to disable heat production"? What's AltGr?
  2. Arris

Arris TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,537   +92

Nice joke isn't it. Fails when you see that the text on the smaller graphic has wrapped differently when he has resized it :haha:

AltGr is the right hand Alt key. Generally has a slightly different function from the left hand key, used to get alternative characters such as áéúóí ;)
  3. lokem

Heh ;) Nice stuff. Didn't notice the difference in the text.. DOH! :)
  4. Butterball

Butterball Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 79

i though so i realy liked the part on how to "properly burn-in" the pros. it is truly what a pentium deserves
  5. lokem

Don't be so hard on those Pentiums... They were after all quite powerful when they came out and "ruled" for quite some time :D
  6. Butterball

Butterball Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 79

i will admit i still have an old P 133 in use (it and a 486 heat various rooms in the house) but i will stick with my new AMD T-Bird
  7. K o R ! K

K o R ! K Newcomer, in training

I remember when i got my Old Abit Be6 mobo and my celeron 466 CPU. I overclocked the CPU by accident and thought it was a 700mhz CPU... All i did was set the FSB to 100mhz instead of 66.
    The CPU ended up dieing 6 months later... :(

Anyway that was my first overclocking experience. and now everything in my PC is overclocked. I have a Celeron 1.1@1.36.
    and am buying a p4 2.0.
  8. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 3,199

I saw the word "hammer" and stopped reading.

The only reasons people buy Celerons is to see how far up you can overclock them, right? :rolleyes:

Truth is, there isn't much difference between a 500 MHz Celeron and a 1 GHz Celeron, almost nothing in the chip, it's all the system board.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.