Overclocking Stability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scol

When I overclock my system, I get into Windows fine, and it runs through a couple of hours of Folding@home as well as 3DMark03 and 3DMark01SE with no problems. In games, however, I usually get application crashes within 10 minutes of starting.

Here's my current setup in BIOS during OC

CPU: 200x11, 1.75 V
RAM: 1:1 ratio, 2-3-3-7 Timings, 2.70 V
Chipset: 2.70 V
AGP: 66Mhz

There are no PCI cards installed on my system. Windows XP SP1 and all the latest updates installed. Using Catalyst 4.1 Drivers with Overdrive enabled.

PSU - Antec TruePower 480W
The rest of the specs should be in my signature.

Only time my games run stable is with stock speeds, but I kinda want to try and sync my FSB for the RAM to optimize my setup. My load temps during OC range from 49-54C depending on the ambient temp at the time.

Any pointers?

No luck. Not to mention I'm getting BSOD's for page fault in non paged areas and other miscellaneous problems.

Any other suggestions? Perhaps my system doesn't support that high of an OC?

Originally posted by Scol
Perhaps my system doesn't support that high of an OC?

That's a very good possibility. It could also be that your hardware has worn down due to the extra stress the overclock has been putting on it.

Is there any dust buildup inside the case ? Any fans needing an oil change ? ;)

Yeah maybe you're right. Well, its not like I'm gonna keep this rig for long with all the new goodies coming out this year (hopefully). I guess I'll stick to stock in terms of CPU, but clock the hell out of the RAM timings since that's all I can do for now... oh well... gotta do more testing i guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back