Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowman

i didnt know where to put this topic so i put it in here. anyone know of any overclocking programs?

Overclocking isn't for the person who doesn't know anything on how to work out the BIOS or even know some basic FSB/Frequency/Multiplier settings.

You can just play around with the CPU FSB and Multipliers in the BIOS to overclock the CPU not to mention RAM overclocking too.

As for video card overclocking, go to the manufacturer's site as they might offer some overclocking software more of a tweaking program. I had my Hercules Radeon 8500LE overclocked a little by using a program from Hercules website.

As XtR-R has mentioned earlier, overclocking can be quite dangerous. If your hardware is not offered sufficient cooling, they will burn thus causing the warranty to void. All overclocking are to be done at your own risk!

i know how to oc, but my bios is locked and i wondered if there were any programs i could use to oc without using bios.

Companys like Dell, COMPAQ, Gateway, HP, etc. lock the BIOS because alot of people mess up settings, costing them hardware.

Find out the motherboard manufacturer and model, then do a search on google for that.

For example, say you have the Asus A7N8X Deluxe.

You would do a google search for: Asus A7N8X deluxe overclock

Might also want to add the word "how", "guide" or "faq" in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back