Overnight BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

nonreflexabilit

My computer tends to BSOD I leave it on overnight, where next morning the screen is the BSOD. My computer does not BSOD if I turn it off every night. Is there a way to fix this?
Error Code DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

Your latest MiniDump cites the Driver "NVTcp.sys" which is a Nvidia Driver.

Try running Driver Cleaner Pro and remove all Nvidia Drivers and reinstall the latest versions from the website

it happened again after i updated the nvidia drivers. this time was not "overnight"
i turned on my comp b4 school, when i came back,BSOD so about 6 hours.
only thing in common was i was torrenting.

attached is latest mini

Same error 0xD1 and same driver cited.

Did you first clean with Driver Cleaner Pro as Woody suggested? If not, use this utility first and then reinstall wiith updated drivers.

If you have then it might be that you will need to roll back your driver or it might be due to torrenting.

Is your computer set to go into hibernation? If so shut it off and set the power scheme to turn off the monitor after a set period of time and turn off the hard drive also after set period. Does your computer have the latest operating system updates like service pack 3? Zip up more minidumps like 5 or 6 and attach them to this thread!

Thank you all for the help however a new problem occurred requiring a new thread. I will suspend activity on this thread for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back