Overpriced ATI and Nvidia High End Cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantasm66

Looks like not only are X800 XT's and Geforce 6800 Ultra's totally impossible to get your hands on, they are also pretty overpriced as well.

"The cards are virtually impossible to get in the US retail market, driving prices to new record levels... If you eyes are set on ATI's X800 XT Platinum Edition, get ready to pay for your graphic card about the same as for a mid-level PC."

If you are lucky enough to get hold of an ATI's X800 XT Platinum Edition, get ready to pay $600 to $900 for the sucker! Similarly, if your quest to obtain an Nvidia's Geforce 6800 is fulfilled, expect to pay something like $600 to $850 even when on backorder.

no one is going to select those cards over the gt, unless they're *****s, oops, hope i didn't offend anyone. hehe. the 3 to 400 dollar gt is overclockable to ultra specifications, single slot, w/ no power requirements, w/ tomorrows technology, it's a done deal.

Yeah no joke mic.. all that stuff is stupid, no one is gonna spend 1K on a videocard or cpu alone.. except teh rich and the lucky guys who have no family and earn lots :\

why even make a product when it'll be that expensive

never the less its all overpriced.

Whos rich? Not me. Don't you just hate people who can buy this stuff like it doesn't even break their bank account. Don't you hate seeing all those rappers and celebs with their nice rides and homes. (Insert bad language here)

still 360

for the xt/......man a 6800 is cheaper than that and better. the 9800 pro @190 is a good behind the curve selection, very close to the xt. the 6800 thou, is under 300. u do the math.

It's a small market, but people with a lot of money probably won't mind dropping $600 on a video card if they are real hardcore gamers.

that's the truth

i can still get the gt @ best buy. and, in a heartbeat, the 6800 ultra was and still is, sold out. go figure. more money than brains, i guess.

the lucky guys who have no family and earn lots :\

Yeh, scrooge did seem like an awefully chipper fellow.

Relax guys, as long as the early adopters drop major ducats on these things, the developement cogs will keep spinning and we'll get good products. There will come a point when this market becomes saturated and the deals will abound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back