P-4 3.2 Ghz 800FSB Prescott 1MB VS Intel P-4 3.2 Ghz 800 FSB LGA775

By emsee
May 23, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plzzzz can any one tell me what is the difrence between Intel P-4 3.2 Ghz 800 FSB LGA775 and P-4 3.2 Ghz 800FSB Prescott 1MB, which one is better and why ???
    and what pc i better but what cpu what MB and VideoCard
    thanks love you all.
  2. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

Most Pentium 4 chips on the LGA775 socket are Prescott based. I'm not sure if Intel ever released Northwood based LGA775 chips, I doubt it.

In other words there's no difference between both chips you are mentioning unless the 1st one is in a Socket-478 format (the old one) & the second in a LGA775 format (the new one).

Do you have any links to the chips you're talking about ?
  3. emsee

emsee Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 22

yeh i have a link to thoes procesors but i doubt you will understand coz it in hebrew :D

any way, what is the best CPU, MB and video card that i can buy now that work really well together ??
    my bro bought AMD 3500+ sucket 939, Giga-Byte GA-K8NF-9 SLI, Kingstone 1024, Radeon ATi x850xt, but i dont think thoes parts are working really good together. so i dont wanna do the same mistake and buy some thing not that compatible. can u help me plz and give me an advice on what to buy??
    thanks
  4. Didou

Well what do you intend to do with this system ?
  5. emsee

no no its not mine system its my brothers. i want to get a system that gonna work better than my brother's can u help me to chooes one ?
  6. Didou

Well that's why I asked what you intend to do with your system. Do you intend to play games ? Encode videos ? Do office work ?
  7. emsee

play games css (counter-strike source)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.