TechSpot

P-4 3.2 Ghz 800FSB Prescott 1MB VS Intel P-4 3.2 Ghz 800 FSB LGA775

By emsee
May 23, 2005
  1. plzzzz can any one tell me what is the difrence between Intel P-4 3.2 Ghz 800 FSB LGA775 and P-4 3.2 Ghz 800FSB Prescott 1MB, which one is better and why ???
    and what pc i better but what cpu what MB and VideoCard
    thanks love you all.

2. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

Most Pentium 4 chips on the LGA775 socket are Prescott based. I'm not sure if Intel ever released Northwood based LGA775 chips, I doubt it.

In other words there's no difference between both chips you are mentioning unless the 1st one is in a Socket-478 format (the old one) & the second in a LGA775 format (the new one).

Do you have any links to the chips you're talking about ?

3. emsee

emsee TS Rookie Topic Starter

yeh i have a link to thoes procesors but i doubt you will understand coz it in hebrew :D

any way, what is the best CPU, MB and video card that i can buy now that work really well together ??
    my bro bought AMD 3500+ sucket 939, Giga-Byte GA-K8NF-9 SLI, Kingstone 1024, Radeon ATi x850xt, but i dont think thoes parts are working really good together. so i dont wanna do the same mistake and buy some thing not that compatible. can u help me plz and give me an advice on what to buy??
    thanks

4. Didou

Well what do you intend to do with this system ?

5. emsee

no no its not mine system its my brothers. i want to get a system that gonna work better than my brother's can u help me to chooes one ?

6. Didou

Well that's why I asked what you intend to do with your system. Do you intend to play games ? Encode videos ? Do office work ?

7. emsee

play games css (counter-strike source)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.