TechSpot

P2P Music programs?

By Jenni3587
Oct 22, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anyone know of a way to download music wether it be through programs or not?

I recently installed Ares, hearing from friends that it was safe, and no. It was not, so i cleaned out my computer of that junk. But now im at a loss. I love music and so...i dont know how to get my music. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions?
  2. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

If you like it so much, you can always purchase it. Just a thought. :p
  3. stavro

stavro TS Rookie

music downloads

Hey Jenni
    just looking for same myself and found these for a small monthly fee.
    My music Inc.
    Bit torrent.
    Download it free . com.
    check them out.
    Regards Steve
  4. Spike

Spike TS Rookie Posts: 2,371

My music Inc. - it's a con.
    Bit torrent. - it's a p2p protocol used by bittorent applications for all types of files
    Download it free . com - another con

if you download anything from this list, make sure it's bittorent. the other two are rip-offs.

Techspot does not condone music piracy (though some of us hate the RIAA regardless).
  5. Jenni3587

Jenni3587 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 60

i didn't mean to start anything bad. I just didn't know who else to ask. I know that this site will never lead me wrong in terms of running into virus's and such, so i figured i would ask. im sorry.
  6. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

7. pkroks

pkroks TS Rookie Posts: 376

you could also try mIRC (it uses IRC channels, but quite complicated if you dono what you're doing) or even UseNet...
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.