P4C 2.8/800 - bent pins out of the box!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi there,

Has anyone ever come across a P4 with bent pins straight from the box?

I just have, and as expected, the retailer is rather sceptical!

Took it back for replacement but first, it is being sent to Intel for "investigation".

Is this really un-heard of?

Thanks!

You should have just bent them back and swallowed the loss. You'll probably get the CPU back in a few months. ;)

My personal experience is to examine them before I leave the store, and it is hard if you got it off the internet. Good luck.

I know the feeling. I just bought Halo for Xbox off the Internet and about 5/10 times it won't load saying it isnt a xbox title/dvd/audio cd, but once I get it to work it plays fine (unless it craps out at the loading screen -- but that screen is rare). Emailed the company I bought it from and asked for information on returning the item. Not sure if I will yet cause it might not be worth the trouble since it does work after a few trys.

I've seen it loads of times here at work... I just use a knife and straighten them back out, but I can understand your concern when its for yourself, If i've got a problem with one, I can just use another and get this replaced, I suppose its not that easy for end user's.

:\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back