P4C 2.8/800 - bent pins out of the box!

By acecal
Sep 15, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hi there,

Has anyone ever come across a P4 with bent pins straight from the box?

I just have, and as expected, the retailer is rather sceptical!

Took it back for replacement but first, it is being sent to Intel for "investigation".

Is this really un-heard of?

Thanks!
  2. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

You should have just bent them back and swallowed the loss. You'll probably get the CPU back in a few months. ;)
  3. acecal

acecal Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

normally would have but the one pin that was really bent was bent so far high chance it would break i think.
  4. lzrdlps

lzrdlps Newcomer, in training Posts: 19

My personal experience is to examine them before I leave the store, and it is hard if you got it off the internet. Good luck.
  5. acidosmosis

acidosmosis TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,574

I know the feeling. I just bought Halo for Xbox off the Internet and about 5/10 times it won't load saying it isnt a xbox title/dvd/audio cd, but once I get it to work it plays fine (unless it craps out at the loading screen -- but that screen is rare). Emailed the company I bought it from and asked for information on returning the item. Not sure if I will yet cause it might not be worth the trouble since it does work after a few trys.
  6. Greeno

Greeno Newcomer, in training Posts: 394

I've seen it loads of times here at work... I just use a knife and straighten them back out, but I can understand your concern when its for yourself, If i've got a problem with one, I can just use another and get this replaced, I suppose its not that easy for end user's.

:\
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.