P67-B3 motherboards, anyone experiencing issues as of yet?

Guardian31756

A week and a 1/2 ago, I received my replacement motherboard from Newegg. I originally had the 1st version of the Gigabyte P67A-UD7 and now it's swapped out with the B3 version.

My system was a dual-boot system consisting of Win Xp Pro and Win7 Ultimate configured on a RAID10 setup. Before swapping out the boards, I had gone into the Intel RAID setup through the BIOS, and converted my hard drives back to NO-RAID.

I had setup my RAID and OS's exactly like I had on the original setup before with the exception of updating Firefox. I had Firefox 3.16 on the old setup and after installing the New board, Firefox 4.0 came out and I upgraded.

Am not sure if Firefox was or is the problem but here's my issue.

On the Win Xp Pro, side of things, I had no issues with any part of my system being stable, NOW, on the Win 7 side, I had a major issue that almost replicates that of the old IRQ problems.

I would start up Firefox 4.0 and no sooner then 5 minutes pass, my system became unresponsive, ie, mouse jerkiness, screen freezes delayed system responds to mouse or ending system tasks. I couldn't even get to the Task Manager and the only way to get out of this problem was to press the reset button on my case.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what might be the problem ?

BTW, please, am in no way a Newbie nor am I a Hardcore GEEK.

Yes, I do know that I've spent bookoo bucks on a motherboard that's meant for Hardcore junkies but I guess I can consider myself as the "Kid on the block with the NEW TECH gizmo's and such".

I come here seeking advice and recommendations as to something I might have overlooked. Please know that I had exhausted all my knowledge on this and I have preformed all or most test and troubleshooting procedures.

I will admit that I have no experience with diagnostic programs that were meant for Lab Tech Geeks ;)

Thank you for your advice in advance.

The motherboard's default RAM voltage is 1.5V. Are you using RAM that requires 1.65V?

@mailpup, BINGO !

Or for the most part, YES. not sure if that's the real problem but am sure it may it.

As mentioned, I bought my board through Newegg and the RAM was part of the package deal, so to speak. BOY, I feel like a clutz !

The RAM that was offered is as follows :
G.Skill
F3-17600CL9D-4GBXLD
DDR3-2200 PC3-17600 2048mb x2
CL9-11-9-28 1.6V

This was purchased as a 4GB package and I later bought the exact same package again to raise my RAM to 8GB.

Now, since you suggested that I look at my RAM, am guessing your more familiar with this RAM settings and configuration.

Is it possible that we can change the settings without resorting to an RMA ticket with Newegg or what may be your suggestion here.

I am capable of doing this but I do need a little guidance here, mailpup ;)

I know just enough to be dangerous. :) Go into the BIOS, find the Advanced Voltage Settings page and see if you can change the RAM voltage to 1.6V. See if that helps.

Back