Page fault in non paged area (bsod)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need help !!!

I have AMD Phenom Quad Core Processor & ASUS AM2+ mother board. I have two hard disks of 500 GB & 160 GB. 500 GB Hard disk has Windows XP SP3 installed on it and 160 GB Hard disk has Windows 7 installed on it.

Today morning when i tried to boot my computer with windows 7 I got an error message with (BSOD) PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA and BSOD appeared. Whwn I tried to boot my computer with the other hard disk having windows XP the message appeared.

I tried booting the computer in debug mode, repair mode, safe mode, last known good configuration but nothing worked for both the hard disks.

Finally i removed the cables of hard disk having windows 7 installed on it and tried to boot with windows XP SP3. Everything worked fine and my computer did boot with no problems.

Now when i connect the cables of hard disk with windows 7 installed on it nothing works and i end up with BSOD. Nothing is working.

Please some one help Me to fix this error.

Thanks

Gagan

The system you have setup to dual boot is incorrectly installed. You should do a thorough read online... but may not yet find an answer because Windows 7 is not yet official.
Usually, on other sytems, you must first install the more recent operating system, then, when working successfully, complete the dual boot by installing the older operating sytem device.
But I doubt anybody knows for sure if this will work the same way for Windows 7.

I have not set the system to dual boot. Both operating systems are installed on different hard disks independentely.

That is why I stated that when i disconnected the cables of hard disk with windows 7 installed on it my system works perfectly with windows XP.

But when I connect the cables of hard disk with windows 7 operating system both the operating system dont work.

Hope i will still find some solution

Thanks

Gagan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back