Page_Fault_In_NonPaged_Area, stop: 0x00000050

Status
Not open for further replies.

Southern Belle

I too am getting this message on my cousins computer but can't get anywhere but the blue screen on start up then it says that c:\\windows\system32\config\system is not found and then reboots to same thing, i have tried to recover and reinstall with no luck. I can't get past the error codes :: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, STOP: 0x00000050

any ideas how to windows at least boot in safe mode? the F8 options won't work either and can't do a reinstall cuz that won't work and recovery won't work.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Heyal,

well i opened it up changed memory banks and used them 1 at a time with and same thing with the error i can't get anywhere just the setup but fails. i did notice that when finally getting to dos that doing a "dir/p" gives nothing but the commands and doesn't list any directories.

i ran memtest and everything passed. sense its not the memory oh and i couldn't disable the L2 cache in bios either, im thinking that maybe it is the hard drive she is going to get a new one and will try to do the setup on that one.

any other suggestions is greatly appreciated.

That would be because the memory has nothing to do with it.

The hard drive is corrupted. Run chkdsk c: /r from the recovery console. You'll need your XP disk to access it.

it wouldnt run chckdis /r but ran chkdsk and all seemed fine i didn't see any directories when in dos doing a dir on c: and i switched the memory around loading one at a time but no errors with them or saying anything except the memory had changed in size. nothing will boot to any recovery or anything. so she is getting a new one when she gets back after the new year and maybe that will be the problem.

thanks again for the replies any other suggestions?

The reason you don't see a directory is because the $MFT is pooched. chkdsk will fix it. If you have an older XP, use chkdsk c: /f

re: memory

Hi,

thank you for your reply. i switched the memory each bank and loaded them back one by one and still same error. I think its just the hard drive i can't load anything or get anywhere so that's what im thinking hopefully i'm right but if you have any other suggestions im all ears, please let me know.

Check or replace the systems memory... We will continue from there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back