TechSpot

Pairing two different cards

By Srdjan
Sep 18, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hello there,
    I'm having a laptop with Core i3 2350M processor and was suprised when I read on Notebookcheck.net that this processor has an intergrated Intel HD3000 graphics card inside it. At the moment I'm using AMD Radeon HD7470M 1GB dedicated graphics card and I was wondering is there any way to enable that Intel integrated GPU to work along with the AMD card? I understand that I can't pair them with Crossfire because one is Intel one AMD but I think I read somewhere that you can run 2 different gpus without cf or sli but they will work different or something like that (one will just take a load off from another)...That's why I'm here asking you can this be done or I'm just hallucinating...

2. nissanman

nissanman TS Maniac Posts: 362

I don't think it can be done. But I think I heard somewhere that the integrated GPU inside the CPU helps with video rendering, but I could very well be wrong about that.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.