TechSpot

Pakistan to censor words like "athletes foot" in text messages

By Rick
Nov 22, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Pakistan's communications regulator, the Pakistan Telecommunications Authority, has been exploring censorship for words deemed too inappropriate for texting. There are mixed reports about whether or not the changes have taken…

Read the whole story

2. If your blocking words like "Athletes foot" and "Tongue" you might as well call your self a retard and end your life so no one can see where stupidity really came from.

3. @Guest, there's no need to include words such as 'end your life' in your comment. If that's stupid I don't know what is.

4. treeski

treeski TS Guru Posts: 880   +130

If you block anything, you should do the above. People should have 100% freedom over what they send in their own PERSONAL text messages.

5. "@Guest, there's no need to include words such as 'end your life' in your comment. If that's stupid I don't know what is."

Its ok guest you can add that to the Block list for pakistan ;D .... apart from that why not? if the maker of that list did end his life then the world would be a much better and less stupid world as I don't want to see people's text not going through just because they texted "Our block has a black out so people coming to fix" which it is blocked in pakistan so do you really want people that block words like that to ruin others lifes? no I dont think so :D

6. Recycle

Recycle TS Rookie Posts: 53

Apparently the Pakistan Telecommunications Authority knows more slang than I do!

7. So this way if a woman is "raped" or "molested" she won't be able to text it. I seem to remember something like this happening in the book 1984. that ended well

8. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

Heh, the PTA is censoring things. An example of convergent evolution.

9. ramonsterns

ramonsterns TS Enthusiast Posts: 752   +12

Yay, religion.

10. veLa

veLa TS Booster Posts: 516   +86

What a joke

11. Sir, is the term "behen ke laude" and "gaandu" and "land ke tope" also banned now?

12. The name "Jesus Christ" is also on that list...

13. fimbles

fimbles TS Evangelist Posts: 1,273   +152

"Flogging the dolphin"

This i agree with, Animal cruelty should not be tolerated :p

14. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,305   +52 Staff Member

I totally agree. If you're going to censor stuff, there should be zero tolerance for animal cruelty. :)

15. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,684   +60

People in Pak have cell phones?

16. Butch

Butch TS Enthusiast Posts: 112

^^ Ha! Good stuff!

17. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TS Guru Posts: 802   +87

Censorship is not an effective method of preventing transmission of disease, such as athlete's foot. Censorship is however effective at bringing down the system in full revolt. Just according to history, that is.

18. Opus

Opus TS Rookie Posts: 42

I guess PTA has become a bunch of losers, who, instead of concentrating on the improvement of cell phone services i.e. issuance of 3G, 3G+ licenses, is now more focused on banning free speech.

19. Opus

Opus TS Rookie Posts: 42

words like "caress" and "fiancé" are banned, stupid PTA.

20. If you had more intelligence than a snail, you would have known the amount of cell phones Pakistanis have.

21. RH00D

RH00D TS Addict Posts: 412   +106

They blocked Boobies... :(

22. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,906   +90

well if everyone would sit down, we could see them!

23. Mindwraith

Mindwraith TS Enthusiast Posts: 186

it would be great if they could censor trolls on the internet. imagine how much nicer it would be if all insults and swearing was replaced with *******

24. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,684   +60

mm they must not have jokes in pakistan

25. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,078   +76

I needed a good laugh, that list is hilarious!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.