Palit HD 4850 Sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chriss

Hey all

Made a post last week about problems with the new build I made for my friend. I have since sent off the HD 4850. I've read quite a few other forums, and found that quite a few other people are having the exact same problem with lines down the screen, from when the PC turns on. I was just wondering if anyone else had the same issue with this card. Also, the OCZ SXS 500w is enough for this card right? I saw people being able to run it on lower. And also, would only using the 4 Pin 12v connector on the mobo make any difference to the graphics card. I'm using an E8400

Finally, I switched the card with an 8800 GTS in the system, and that worked fine, but thats only 6-pin, not 8-pin. Sorry for asking again, just worried that when the graphics card does get replaced, that nothing else was affecting it as it is my mates build.

Thank

"And also, would only using the 4 Pin 12v connector on the mobo make any difference to the graphics card. I'm using an E8400"...

You could try using a power supply that has an 8-pin CPU voltage connector if you still have trouble with the video when you get the video card back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back