TechSpot

Panasonic enters handheld gaming with the Jungle

By Emil
Oct 5, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Panasonic, or rather Panasonic Cloud Entertainment, last night revealed the Jungle: a new handheld video game console designed for MMORPGs. The device will allegedly sport a high-resolution display, a full QWERTY keyboard along with dual touch-sensitive D-pads, and may run atop a custom Linux build (not Android). The Jungle will also apparently feature a mini HDMI port, a micro USB port, and a 3.5mm headphone jack. Alongside the system itself, Panasonic will launch a Battlestar Galactica title (made by Bigpoint), a weekly web show called Online Underground (thanks to a partnership with Machini...

Read the whole story

2. mattfrompa

mattfrompa TS Maniac Posts: 482   +8

I'm not sure how I feel about the design of the device. After trying several cellphone keyboards (which it looks like they just dropped one of those in) I would have preferred spacing between the keys, like they are on the env 3. (the phone I have) I hope that Panasonic is able to get plenty of support from developers, and steal some market share from Nintendo ;)

3. Emil

Emil TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 154

Competition is definitely good, but I'm not sure Panasonic has a winner here :/

4. Killview

Killview TS Rookie

what is this .. i dont even ..

5. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,537   +330

Ok this is random?! will give it a go though now I've heard of it and if any good, I may buy one, I hate Nintendo products end of and the PSP didn't really do it for me, I/m not going to hold my breath for Microsoft to release a portable Xbox so I guess this may do the trick!

6. Emil

Emil TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 154

I think the closest we're going to get to a portable Xbox is Windows Phone 7 ;)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.