Panasonic enters handheld gaming with the Jungle

By Emil
Oct 5, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Panasonic, or rather Panasonic Cloud Entertainment, last night revealed the Jungle: a new handheld video game console designed for MMORPGs. The device will allegedly sport a high-resolution display, a full QWERTY keyboard along with dual touch-sensitive D-pads, and may run atop a custom Linux build (not Android). The Jungle will also apparently feature a mini HDMI port, a micro USB port, and a 3.5mm headphone jack. Alongside the system itself, Panasonic will launch a Battlestar Galactica title (made by Bigpoint), a weekly web show called Online Underground (thanks to a partnership with Machini...

Read the whole story
  2. mattfrompa

mattfrompa TS Guru Posts: 490   +16

I'm not sure how I feel about the design of the device. After trying several cellphone keyboards (which it looks like they just dropped one of those in) I would have preferred spacing between the keys, like they are on the env 3. (the phone I have) I hope that Panasonic is able to get plenty of support from developers, and steal some market share from Nintendo ;)
  3. Emil

Emil TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 154

Competition is definitely good, but I'm not sure Panasonic has a winner here :/
  4. Killview

Killview TS Rookie

what is this .. i dont even ..
  5. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,887   +644

Ok this is random?! will give it a go though now I've heard of it and if any good, I may buy one, I hate Nintendo products end of and the PSP didn't really do it for me, I/m not going to hold my breath for Microsoft to release a portable Xbox so I guess this may do the trick!
  6. Emil

Emil TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 154

I think the closest we're going to get to a portable Xbox is Windows Phone 7 ;)