TechSpot

Panasonic predicts record $10 billion annual loss

By Leeky
Feb 3, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Japanese electronics giant Panasonic has revised its annual net loss forecast to a record ¥780 billion ($10.2 billion) in response to a year that has seen the firm battle two…

Read the whole story

2. Raswan

Raswan TS Enthusiast Posts: 280

Almost crapped myself when I saw ten billion. Too bad, because Panasonic generally makes decent stuff, and they aren't a bunch of jackholes that I'd like to see go down in flames like Sony. Too bad about Sharp too. Going to be an interesting next few years in the LCD market, especially if Apple reinvigorates it by entering at the high end this fall.

3. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TS Enthusiast Posts: 811   +91

Yeah Panasonic was pretty epic back in the day.

4. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 977   +87

I have a Panasonic TV. It's old, but still works. That's always been my experience with them. Their products just seem to work for a long time. But 10.2 Billion? That's not going to go down easy, sad news.

5. RH00D

RH00D TS Addict Posts: 412   +106

That really sucks. I don't have much experience with Panasonic but I've never read any horror stories about them.

6. Good experience here with Panasonic as well. Ten billion loss though... that could be the end.

7. Japanese electronics companies can't compete with Samsung... who buys a panasonic for anything anymore?

8. yRaz

yRaz TS Addict Posts: 958   +114

I was going to buy one, The IPS alpha panels they use in a lot of their TV"s look stunning

9. "Japanese electronics companies can't compete with Samsung... who buys a panasonic for anything anymore?"

Samsung is rocking nowadays. It's funny because for years Samsung was absolute garbage. They were one of the bottom end manufacturers that you would see at Kmart and WalMart right next to the Emerson product lines. Now, they make some of the best stuff out there. However, I think I would still buy Panasonic over Samsung and would gladly buy either one over Sony and for years I wouldn't buy anything BUT Sony. Now they sell overpriced junk.

10. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Maniac Posts: 913   +22

@Guest We have an Emerson tv that's more than 20 years old. Have a digital to analog converter on it and it has the non digital turn to set tuner for each channel getting ota broadcasts.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.