Panasonic ships rugged 3lb, 12.1" Toughbook S9

By Matthew
Sep 28, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Panasonic is shipping what it says is Earth's lightest 12.1-inch laptop with a built-in DVD drive. At only three pounds, the Toughbook S9 is apparently leaner than competing mobile PCs, with specs including a 2.4GHz Core i5-520M vPro CPU, 2GB of RAM (supports as much as 6GB), 320GB of storage, a DVD burner, and up to 11 hours of battery life. It also sports a 1280x800 anti-glare display, a fingerprint reader, HDMI and VGA-out, as well as gigabit Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and optional WWAN connectivity.

Read the whole story
  2. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TechSpot Maniac Posts: 892   +52

Looks good but having a case made from Magnesium concerns me with a lot of portable devices having battery issues.
  3. LOL it's funny because it's explosive! Im sure a laptop blowing up in a company head's lap will sure "put some money" into research batteries that don't explode!
  4. mattfrompa

mattfrompa TechSpot Maniac Posts: 481   +8

What's with the circular touch pad? I'm not sure if I like that. And the battery life is up to 11 hours before it imminently explodes, right?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.