TechSpot

Paragon giving away Partition Manager 9.5 until this Sunday

By Matthew
Oct 16, 2009
  1. Paragon Software Group is offering up a free copy of its Partition Manager 9.5 Professional until October 18 (this Sunday). The program is considered to be one of the better partition managers out there, and usually retails for $79.95. It features the ability to enlarge NTFS partitions without rebooting Windows, support for Apple BootCamp, a USB recovery environment, a two-tiered (easy/advanced) interface, and just about anything else you'd expect from a commercial partition tool.

Read the whole story

2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,355   +402

As always, thanks for the heads up on the freebies!

3. HaMsTeYr

HaMsTeYr TS Maniac Posts: 388

Am i the only one wondering if this free give-away only lasts TILL sunday, meaning that if i downloaded the software today, and used it, i'd only get a working copy till sunday or does it come with a 1 year license or so like ZoneAlarm did?

4. mattfrompa

mattfrompa TS Maniac Posts: 482   +8

I don't think this program uses subscription licensing, so it should be free to use for life. Thanks for the freebie!

5. jonisaksson

jonisaksson TS Enthusiast Posts: 102

How do you actually get a the "free" license key. I downloaded the installer but when it asks me for the license key, clicking on the "Free license key" just takes you to a screen that says the installation was interrupted :s

6. Pls guys tell us if it actually works free+ for life.
    Or is it perhaps another marketing scam

7. I just downloaded it, got my free key -after registering- by email, installed the program and it works fine so far (windows 7).

8. I also had no trouble installing and getting the free key, good for life. Was taken to a registration screen after hitting the "free" button. You might have to try again if you get an error message.

9. jonisaksson

jonisaksson TS Enthusiast Posts: 102

Hi, what email address did you send your registration request to?

Cheers
    Jon

10. i just registered on the site , but i cant get my cdkey on the control panel on my account , can someone plz tell me where can i get it from , or what is the tab for the cd key

thx in advance

11. forget it guyz , i just realized how to get it , you just download the free file and when you get to the cd-key step just hit the "get free license" then you register your account from that screen and you are done

12. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

13. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 977   +87

I can't get the "Free" button to work. When I click "Get Free Serial" I get the Wizard Completed screen and tells me that the install was interupted and that my system is unmodified. Nothing happens. Can someone link me to a URL that the button is supposed to take me to? I'm trying this under 64-Bit Windows Vista.

14. I found this url to register PM 9.5 Pro.. he free give away The url should take you to a registration page. FILL IT OUT AND YOU SHOULD GET THE SERIAL/KEY E-MAILED

http://www.paragon-software.com/registration/pm95pro

15. this program messed up my Vista machine. had to format.
    THANK YOU

16. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,078   +76

LMAO! You're either trolling (lying), or you know absolutely nothing about computers and how to uninstall a program / or run system restore without formatting... I'm guessing it is both.

17. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 4,370   +125

Lol! Trolling isn't especially prominent here, in fact if true, this is the first incident.

Haha you have something against free stuff!

18. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,906   +90

I think the first is correct.

19. I downloaded the software last night. Got my free product key and serial #. That's for the good news.

Here's where the problem starts:

I have a Sony VAIO desktop with a hard disk that has two partitions: C and D.

All I have is 60 MB free on C:, which is a 14GB drive, but I have several GBs free on D:, which is where I downloaded the software, but it does not want to install on D: even though I am telling it to do so. Can't the software install itself on D:, which has about 65 GB free?

Then, assuming I get some good tips as to how to make the software install on D, is there anything special I need to know in order to merge D: with C: (the result would be a C: disk that would be about 100 GB in size)? Thks!

20. wth i downloaded the partion manager 9.5 is install and is fine nothing has gone wrong but, i visited the main page and i dont see no freaking 9.5 professional version, i mean is there any way to get the update version of 10.00 professional.

the only partition manager i see retails for $79.something is version 10.00 professional not 9.5 so is there a catch in this freebie????????

21. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,906   +90

The free offer ended Sunday.

22. renato2009ny

renato2009ny TS Rookie

Why dont u use Parted Magic 4.5?
    Its free,Open Source and it ran from a CD or From a Usb Drive.+ u can surf the net,copy or delete any files from de HD.and it run from memory and u can u the cd drive while using the software.
    http://partedmagic.com/screen-shots.html

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.