Partition don't open with double click

I don't know why, suddenly when I try to open the partition D the window open with pops up. I scanned with AVG anti-virus and Malwarebytes. I restored the system but all remained the same.
I thank for any help

I don't have fix but what happens when you right click on the drive? Is "Open" (not open with) one of the menu choices?

BTW, what version of Windows are you talking about?

<snip>when I try to open the partition D the window open with pops up
Exactly what are you right clicking on? Because "Open With" should only occur when you rt click a file (and Windows can't associate the file extension with any program to run so asks "open with" what?)

So, are you really rt clicking on a partition? Could you also provide us a screen shot??

/* edit */
Might you really be rt clicking on a file within that partition??
And can you rt click and select Properties? What does it say?

Oh! Just noticed you said "double click". But even so, same is true.

"Open With" still implies you're double clicking on a file is my guess.. So still try rt click on it and what does it say?

Certain Malware/trojan infections can cause this sort of behavior, so my suggestion is to go through Malware & Virus Removal Forums 8-steps and post your logs for analysis there.

"Open With" still implies you're double clicking on a file is my guess.. So still try rt click on it and what does it say?
Happened to my friend's flash drive after he got a virus on it...might be worth checking into.

@Archean and HK

OK. Well, thanks for that added info. I'd never seen that occur before. Learned something new as well :)

You are welcome, this sort of issues are pretty common since USB sticks came into being and at such 'cheap' prices; I don't know about others, I have 7-8 of these things eating up dust few months ago, so I decided to get rid of those which I don't use, so i gifted couple 256MB USBs to colleagues at work, one 4GB & one 2GB & one 1GB to my friends, but I still have one 16GB, one 8 GB, ........ and one 256MB

Back