Partition gone

G

g4mer

Tonight I watched a movie, turned PC off, went to sleep, now when I woke up and turned the PC on, there was no D: parition where all my files are...Looked up at Event Viewer to see if anyone was using PC after me, and seems like nobody was on it. The last thing I installed was Parition Magic which now made me suspicios that it is the cause of this chaos. It failed to start because of some drive letters error 117. How the hell can it possibly wipe my D: partition without me knowing it?

Right-click "Computer" on desktop (or Start Menu) and select "Manage", then click on "Disk Management'. once the disk management service starts, you should be able to see the drive, and see if Partition Magic somehow changed your drive letter to one already in use or allotted to a thumb drive in the past (making it invisible in Windows explorer) or whatever. If so, you should then be able to change the drive letter to make it show up (by right-clicking the drive and selecting the option from the drop-down menu).

Back