TechSpot

PartitionMagic 2003 issues

By darthcosmo
Oct 12, 2006
  1. Hi guys. I am a newbie in this forum. I am having an issue with PartitionMagic 2003 and wonder if anybody can help me out.

I have a 60 gig drive connected via USB that had 2 partitions on it, a 5 gig partition and a 55 gig partition. Both partitions were about 80% full of data. I tried to merge both partitions with PartitionMagic 2003, but while it was merging data, my son unplugged the USB cable. Now I can't see any files on those partitions, though when I look at properties of the 2 partitions in Windows Explorer, it shows there is still data there.

I try running CHKDSK /F on the drives, but it says that there is not enough space on the disk to fix the errors.

I bought a 250 gig drive to try and migrate the partitions and data and then to run chkdsk /f on the new partitions, but so far I have been unable to migrate the partitions and add free space to them using Ghost. So even though I have moved the data onto a larger drive, the partition sizes are the same and I still do not have enough room the run chkdsk.

Any ideas on how I can get my data back?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.