Password on screen won't show?

exmatt

Ok, this just started about a week ago and is driving me nuts so any help would be appreciated. I'm not sure where to post this either... Anyways. I turn on my computer and it loads all the way to where it says windows 7 and you are suppose to type in your user account password...however that my user account name, picture and the password typing area and the submit buttons..all gone. This includes the shut down button in the bottom corner and the setting button. It'll also do this after I have logged on, it goes black (like its suppose to) and when I wake it back up it goes to the password screen but once again no place to enter the password select users nothing. My only fix is to keep turning off and on my computer until it works which is frustrating when you have things loading like scans and have to interrupt them! Can anyone help?

You more or less have a corrupt file. Can you use a windows restore point at a time . When you knew everything worked fine. This may solve your problem.

Ok, this just started about a week ago and is driving me nuts so any help would be appreciated. I'm not sure where to post this either... Anyways. I turn on my computer and it loads all the way to where it says windows 7 and you are suppose to type in your user account password...however that my user account name, picture and the password typing area and the submit buttons..all gone. This includes the shut down button in the bottom corner and the setting button. It'll also do this after I have logged on, it goes black (like its suppose to) and when I wake it back up it goes to the password screen but once again no place to enter the password select users nothing. My only fix is to keep turning off and on my computer until it works which is frustrating when you have things loading like scans and have to interrupt them! Can anyone help?
I'm confused. You say "password typing area and the submit buttons..all gone" but then you also say "It'll also do this after I have logged on". So my question is, if you can't see where to log in at, how do you log in?:confused:

He is saying when he brings the computer out of sleep mode or starts windows. The log on screen dose not show the box to put his password in or the submit buttons to click on. In order for him to get into windows. So there forth he has to restart windows. Till these items show up.

Does it also do this if you start in Safe Mode? If not, you might try (under Safe Mode) creating a new user profile (migrating your files across to it), then deleting the old user profile - this sounds a lot like a corrupt user profile (sorry for repetition Cobalt006 if that's what you were saying earlier). Perhaps you can do it anyway if you can log in normally from complete shutdown?
Hope this helps :).

If he can get in. Your right Zoltan. He could create a new users profile and delete the old one. This would work to.

I've already tried restore points and that didn't work, I went back as far as I could. So if I make a new administrator account, is there something I have to do before deleting my current administrator account so that I don't lose any files or anything? Or is it safe to just delete it? Checking before I do anything. This problems really annoying...btw thanks for replying everyone!

1. Log in the computer as administrator or a account that has administrator privileges.
2. Click start button
3. click picture associated with your account picture.
4. Select manage another account.
5. When the UAC box pops up, click continue.
6. Select the account you wish to delete.
7. Click delete.
8. You will be ask if you wish to keep the files from the deleted account. To save the accounts desktop files and personal files to your desk top, click Keep files. This will place a file into a directory on your desk top.
9. Click Delete account.

Note before you do this create the new account first. In the user account under (Change your account type). Make the new account administrator. Then proceed with deleting the other account. Hope this helps you out.

Thanks cobalt. I was able to create the new administrator and delete the old but sadly this didn't fix the problem. Anyone have anymore ideas?
Also I do believe it does this in safe mode as well. I'll double check and add to this if I'm wrong..
Ok Edit: Perhaps I am wrong and it doesn't do this in safe mode...I'm not sure since safe mode doesn't actually go into sleep even if I close my lid and wait...soo??

As a workaround, I suggest disabling sleep mode (power options) - not entirely satisfactory I realise, but if it works? You could shutdown or hibernate instead?

I really would prefer not having to shutdown every time like I am now. Makes it a real hassle when all you want to do is jump on quickly before work or to look something minuscule up.

I have tried hibernating, this also comes to the same blue screen with windows 7 home premium at the bottom...the only time I can log on is if its straight from a complete shut down...any more ideas? Anyone?

I have tried hibernating, this also comes to the same blue screen with windows 7 home premium at the bottom...the only time I can log on is if its straight from a complete shut down...any more ideas? Anyone?

I have a windows laptop and it did the same thing. All I did was put a disc in the disc drive and everything showed back up and I logged in like normal.

Back