Password problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

spannerhead

hi everyone

im running windows vista x64 sp1 i needed to make a new acount for my pc that was admin as the account i was using was being used for a guest
so i changed it alll and added a pw for the admin i then changed the account i was on to standard user . then i tried to switch users but the admin accound wasnt there i logged back into the guest account and tried to change the settings to bt
it cam up with a box asking to type in password i typed it in ********* but an error saying ( Logon faliure the user has not been granted the requested logon type on this computer) i typed abced in to the box and a bad passowrd error came up so i know what it is please help :( i need my pc back asap for coursework and design work

im only 15 so im not that clever :p

Hi,

I'd suggest possibly wiping the administrator password itself and starting a fresh.

We generally do this using the XP Ultimate Boot CD (which also runs in Vista :))

Am having a look to see if you can do this for free, because I suspect you do have to purchase the software

But if you are interested, have a look here

thanks snowchick7669 my mate told me to do a system restore to wednesday (when it was ok) but the problem was that it was and admin only function and when i tried the disc it would come up with a message saying system restore is already in use

hi everyone

im running windows vista x64 sp1 i needed to make a new acount for my pc that was admin as the account i was using was being used for a guest
so i changed it alll and added a pw for the admin i then changed the account i was on to standard user . then i tried to switch users but the admin accound wasnt there i logged back into the guest account and tried to change the settings to bt
it cam up with a box asking to type in password i typed it in ********* but an error saying ( Logon faliure the user has not been granted the requested logon type on this computer) i typed abced in to the box and a bad passowrd error came up so i know what it is please help :( i need my pc back asap for coursework and design work

im only 15 so im not that clever :p

I had a mate look at my pc and he has tried to fix the problem but he says there is no choice but to reboot

i have a spare harddrive in my pc that is not used should i move all of my game and data files into there and then wipe the one with vista on ??

You will need to reinstall all your programs/games, which can be a time consuming process.

But I can't think of a free way to remove the password.

Maybe someone else will pop their head in and suggest something

Files

okay i have put all of the files i want keeping in a folder that will go on a memorystick i am going to reboot my system today when i get in from school . thans for your support all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back