Passwords

Status
Not open for further replies.

OSidiot

Resident OS ***** here, asking another inane question. How much do passwords on login really help keeping trojans and virus from getting admin access and loading crap on cpus? Ignore the dumbness of question.

No protection whatsoever.

Passwords may protect against dumb users getting admin access and loading crap on computers though..

well, i never added a password to my login in the first place, and now that i have i havent been bothered by any of viruses, but maybe its just dumb luck.

however, "friend" of mine recently threatened me saying something about some spy program logging my chats and letting them remotely view them, like ispy something? is this a valid threat? do programs like that exist? if so, can delete them through the registry as well? thanks!

Yes, they exist, search in Google for "keylogger".
A good Antivirus program, a Firewall, Adaware, Spybot S&D and Hijackthis are still your best friends.
(not to mention a good dose of common sense)

they really exist, thats insane. bah. oh well, i got all that you mentioned so i suppose that if anything does happen ill be on it. as for common sense, i think thats something you are born with, but in my case not.

Thanks for the help!

Hm, yes I would agree. But that still doesnt explain why explored.exe has yet to pop up again... so i wait for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back