Pavillion recovery disk trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a little help. I have a HP a430n and I am having a hardtime trying to have the recovery disk work. It was burn when the pc was bought some time ago and now that I need it won't boot. All it does is: Starting the HP recovery...then it goes to a black screen and that's it. I tried the F10, Esc key to have it boot from the cd. I also took the HD out and attached to another pc as slave and found out that the c: partition still have the recovery files on it and the D: partition was not set (for some reason) so I create a extended partition D:. Still can't figure out how to have it recovered. Any suggestion is welcome. Thank you for now.
John

look at the BIOS and see if the system registers the HD as present. If not, I suspec it is dead (despite working once on another system). Also check that all the BIOS settings for the HD are on auto.
Does the CD register as well? I have seen a bad CD drive as slave stop either of the drives registering.
Hope this helps.

hey jstos, im having the same problem and I did what AlbertLionheart said and it detects the hdd so if you get it working magicly please share it with me :)

quick question, does you pc boot into windows at all?

Unfortunetly there is nothing on the HD. About the BIOS detecting the HD yes it is. I got from the Maxtor site the software to check the HD and it is fine. I also bought from computersurgeons.com the 8 disk set for this specific pc and had no luck. I still get stucked at the same screen. There must be a little something that I am not aware to make this disks to work. And it must be a little detail. If I can't figure out I'll have to send the PC to computersurgeons since they don't charge to reinstall everything. (but I still have to pay for the 2 way shipping.) It would be my last resource.
Thank you for now.

have you tryed all the SATA connectors? ( if its sata

that sucks to have to send it back, atleast you didnt buy it from compusa like i did and then they decide to leave town :{

how much is their shipping fee?

I was fixing an HP not too long ago and I'm sure there is a key you can hit during the POST screen to boot from the recovery partition. I'm not 100% sure on this one but it's worth a try.

http://www.pctechbytes.com/hprecovery.htm
Try that website

This will help you figure out whether its a hardware problem or possibly faulty recovery disks (seen it many times before)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back