TechSpot

Pay anything you want for five top indie games

By Matthew
May 7, 2010
  1. A few independent game developers have teamed up to make you an offer you can't refuse: they're giving away five top-rated indie games for anything you want. To be clear, they don't want your half-eaten sandwich or your old sneakers, but they've left the price wide open. You can pay a buck or a grand -- and yes, someone has given $1,000.

Read the whole story

2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,387   +425

What a great way to sell games with the money headed directly to charity and developers. I already have World of Goo and really don't care that much one way or the other about the other games, but bought them for $25 just to help foster the concept.

3. Somian

Somian TS Rookie

I already got world of goo on steam and once more fore $0.01 because I wanted a mac version.

Anyway, I'll get this package. Idk how the games are but hey, i have some new icons i my dock for $1.23 :)

by the way, the who-paid-most list reminds me of http://www.paythegame.net , the purest of the pay-what-you-want-sites because the whole reason is the payment itself (and the entries you can get in the highscore list, perhaps)

4. MrAnderson

MrAnderson TS Maniac Posts: 488   +10

Thanks! glad I caught this charity deal! Great developers and a good cause!

Just because you have something does not mean you cannot gift it if you really liked it and want to share. I like things like this, now my day has a good tone set for it.

5. CodePhoeniX

CodePhoeniX TS Rookie Posts: 36

IF you paid via paypal, anything less than $0.30 they get nothing due to paypal's fees.

6. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

Great cause indeed and only one day left for anyone still reading this! So go fast they've raised about $785,000 so far!

7. Classic Rock

Classic Rock TS Member Posts: 92

I tried this out, and so far I have nothing to show for it. No Email telling me that I purchased thse games or a download link. Nothing. Paid last night, Can someone please help?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.