TechSpot

Pay anything you want for five top indie games

By Matthew
May 7, 2010
  1. A few independent game developers have teamed up to make you an offer you can't refuse: they're giving away five top-rated indie games for anything you want. To be clear, they don't want your half-eaten sandwich or your old sneakers, but they've left the price wide open. You can pay a buck or a grand -- and yes, someone has given $1,000.

Read the whole story

2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,528   +567

What a great way to sell games with the money headed directly to charity and developers. I already have World of Goo and really don't care that much one way or the other about the other games, but bought them for $25 just to help foster the concept.

3. Somian

Somian TS Rookie

I already got world of goo on steam and once more fore $0.01 because I wanted a mac version.

Anyway, I'll get this package. Idk how the games are but hey, i have some new icons i my dock for $1.23 :)

by the way, the who-paid-most list reminds me of http://www.paythegame.net , the purest of the pay-what-you-want-sites because the whole reason is the payment itself (and the entries you can get in the highscore list, perhaps)

4. MrAnderson

MrAnderson TS Maniac Posts: 488   +10

Thanks! glad I caught this charity deal! Great developers and a good cause!

Just because you have something does not mean you cannot gift it if you really liked it and want to share. I like things like this, now my day has a good tone set for it.

5. CodePhoeniX

CodePhoeniX TS Rookie Posts: 36

IF you paid via paypal, anything less than $0.30 they get nothing due to paypal's fees.

6. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,379   +16

Great cause indeed and only one day left for anyone still reading this! So go fast they've raised about $785,000 so far!

7. Classic Rock

Classic Rock TS Member Posts: 65

I tried this out, and so far I have nothing to show for it. No Email telling me that I purchased thse games or a download link. Nothing. Paid last night, Can someone please help?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.