TechSpot

PayPal payments increase 19% on Black Friday

By Matthew
Nov 29, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. With the year's busiest shopping days now behind us, early reports on holiday spending are coming out. Although many analysts expect a slow season (especially for tech), it seems sales have been at least mildly positive for e-commerce, with some reporting decent figures for Black Friday.

Read the whole story

2. n00bzZy

n00bzZy TS Enthusiast Posts: 38

Got a bunch of games on Steam if that counts :)

3. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,506   +498

Me too =)

4. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,333   +267

Anyone else notice how old that picture is? That is likely a IBM Thinkpad T4x series laptop, running IE6, I recognize the OLD yahoo IM icon, possibly version 6 or 7, I see a Palm Quicksync tray icon, symantec antivirus (the enterprise version of norton antivirus) tray icon, multiple thinkpad specific tray icons, itunes, the WMP share tray icon, I think a quicktime icon...

Easily fall/winter 2005, considering the canon powershot came out in October of 2005, I almost bought one, but got a dSLR and never looked back lol...

Is it sad I could recognize that much out of the picture?

5. M1r

M1r TS Enthusiast Posts: 45

Nah, old school > new school. Not when it comes to computers...but life in general.

6. Per Hansson

Per Hansson TS Server Guru Posts: 1,929   +186

It's running Windows 2000, yaaaaaay ;)

7. Uvindu

Uvindu TS Booster Posts: 121

I thought it was running windows 98, but I've never used 2000 so its possible. One thing I did notice is that it is certified for windows xp (near his wrist, partly covered, next to the intel logo). The battery icon looks nothing like that on windows XP but looks like the one on windows 98 (and maybe 2000).

The guy who bought it didn't like windows XP?!

8. gobbybobby

gobbybobby TS Guru Posts: 548   +8

I bought Steam games on monday and fridays via paypal also!

Yyea pretty sure thats Win 2000