PC Boot / HDD Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi from a newbie,

I have a problem and seeking help. I've looked a few related topics but seem to get lost in it all and thought i'd start from scratch.

Ok, I just unplugged my PC this morning and moved things around. When I reconnected it all it won't boot up. It detects SATA 3: Samsung HD (secondary HDD), Seagate External HDD, but at the bottom it says "No IDE Master H.D.D. Detected".

I took the side off and checked the SATA cables are all connected. I even disconnected the DVD SATA Cable and used it but still no good. I also disconnected the SATA 2 (Secondary HDD) and used those cables into the SATA 1 socket but it still won't detect the drive.

Drive stuffed? There is a fair amount of heat coming from the actual drive so I assume it is running?

I'm no expert just have minimal knowledge so any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Shotto.

It doesn't matter where a SATA drive is plugged in. You have to make sure that the boot C drive is selected as the first drive in the bios boot order

you might try resetting the cmos by pulling out the little battery on the board for about a minute then put it back in :)

The problem here is you have incorrect BIOS settings. It's looking for a efault IDE drive when it's now a SATA drive. You need to go into BIOS and changes the settings to boot from a ATA drives. One possibility is that you had it set to "compatility" mode, where it will detect and boot from either IDE or SATA or you can set it to only boot from one or the other.

-- Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back